CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 16, 2010



     

I love cooking .I am passionate about cooking ...so much that I could sleep in the kitchen and rise in the kitchen .I am a painful teacher with massive detailing as far as cooking goes.Also I do not believe in instant cooking .Cooking is an art and to achieve the right flavour ,colour and the appetising appearance one has to put in a lot of effort.What I assure you in this blog is foolproof recipes which have been tried more than once in my kitchen . The only thing you have to do is follow it to the T;that is if you are interested in trying out these recipes.

The first recipe that I am going to share with you is of Brownies.So what's special about making a brownie?First of all the recipe I am sharing is the one which uses cocoa powder and not the chocolate slab so it is relatively low on fat(If there is anything like that in baking). Secondly , despite that ,I assure you that you will achieve the fudginess in the brownie and it won't be dry and crumbly. 

The recipe is simple and the only thing you must keep in mind is not to mix the flour ,nut and cocoa mixture with the handmixer.You must fold it into the batter with a  spatula in the cut and fold manner(I warned you that I am painful).
If  the last part isn't followed the brownies are guaranteed to be crumbly and dry. I goofed up thats how I know.

Alright then the  recipe is as follows:

  BROWNIES

INGREDIENTS
Eggs           4                                                Cocoa Powder ¾ cup
Flour         1 and a half cups                      vanilla essence 2 tea spoons
Butter(unsalted)                                        Nuts 
 /margarine     1 cup                                 (walnuts preferably) 1 cup
Sugar               2 cups

Method
1. The sugar you chose should be fine. If it is not ,grind it in the mixer and use.
2. Beat eggs and sugar in a clean and dry container.Beat it until the mixture appears almost white and is thick in consistency.
3. Add butter to the mixture.
4. Mix the nuts into the sieved flour and cocoa powder mixture.
5. Gradually fold the flour ,cocoa powder and nut mix into the egg, sugar and butter mixture.
6. Pour this batter into a 8 by 10 greased and floured tin.
7. Stick it into your preheated oven and bake it at 180 degrees C for 35 minutes or until done.

Note: This recipe yields 32 bars and before sticking the tin into the oven you could sprinkle some nuts over it .Kindly note that sprinkling the nuts step cannot be done later.

I shall share the chocolate icing recipe for the brownies in my next blog.

Thanks for stopping by . If you try this recipe let me know how it turned out.

Happy cooking.



1 comments:

mugdha said...

Hey Snehal,
Mugdha here.

Must tell you that you even write with a lot of love :) A wonderful guide to some new entrants in this field.
I never knew even I had a sense and aesthetic for creating food even though I did this course. It is now that I have the time on my hands and a beautiful feeling after somethings cooks up well that I realised this dormant knack.

You are doing a wonderful job and you sound happy doing this.

So wish many more such blogs and happy cooking.
Cheers.

Post a Comment