CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Roast chicken

 I am very sorry ...no really I mean it . I have been too busy with my other blog and truly neglected this one .So without further ado would like to share a recipe which I hardly get to eat ....why? Because I never have any left for myself after it comes on the table . Thats Roast chicken for you. Simple and yummy.

Roast Chicken

Ingredients

1 whole chicken well cleaned             

FOR MARINADE                             

  Butter 1 tbsp                     Heat butter in a pan and add the rest

 Ginger  1 tsp                       of the ingredients to make the marinade

garlic 1 tsp          

salt and pepper to taste 

tomato ketchup 2 tbsp

Lemon Juice 2 tsp


FOR STUFFING
bread 5-6 slices
onion fine chopped 1
oregano 1 tsp

Method

Fry onion in butter .

Add salt,pepper,oregano & bread & mix.

Stuff the chicken with the stuffing.

Pierce chicken all over .

Pour marinade on top.

Tie the chicken legs .

Cover with foil & refrigerate for minimum 1 hour.

Remove foil.Pour butter and oregano on top.

Bake for one and a half hours at 250 ° C.

Serve hot accompanied with garlic bread and some salad.Serving mashed potatoes alongwith these won't hurt...lol...and since you are at it how about starting with some soup and ending with some dessert?

NOTE:#If marinated for longer time chicken will be tender and better.

          #In the baking dish pouring some water will ensure that chicken won't dry and won't burn.

Ain't that super simple?Try it out and lemme know how it turned out.I await your lovely comments .They make my day so kindly leave some love.

3 comments:

Reena Daruwalla said...

Sounds delish; will try for sure. But are you talking skinless chicken here? And if it is with the skin, then does the marinade work as well?

GB said...

Snehal, that sound yummo! I didn't know you had a cooking blog till your post yesterday! :)

Unknown said...

yeah Reena I am talking skinless chicken here.
Thanks GB for passing by...and yeah i am passionate about cooking ...did hotel management from IHM Mumbai.

Post a Comment