CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Banana Bread


Hi!Long time.I know.Haven't baked for a long time.Decided to do so today and since we have gotten rid of our intermittent internet connection I decided to blog this recipe too.

The recipe I am sharing with you today is Banana bread.It is actually a  cake but since the recipe calls it bread I shall do so too.I had a slice of it at a cafe ,slightly warm with a generous sprinkling of brown sugar.When eaten in  the right company,it is pure heaven.Anyways the single slice was way too expensive and did not look like something which could not be replicated.So I tried this recipe which  I modified slightly and ,since it came out better than the slice I paid through my nose for ,I decided to share it with you all.

So here it goes:

BANANA BREAD

Ingredients

All purpose flour   2 cups                                          Brown Sugar        3/4 cups

baking soda          1 tsp                                               eggs beaten          2

salt                         1/4 tsp                         mashed ripe bananas       2 1/3 cups

butter                    1/2 cup                                          vanilla essence        1 tsp

Method 

  • Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
  • Grease approx 9by 5 inch loaf tin.
  • Sieve together flour,baking soda and salt.
  • In a separate bowl cream butter and sugar.
  • Stir in well beaten eggs , mashed bananas and essence.

  • Fold the flour mixture into this well beaten mixture.
  • Pour the batter in the prepared tin.
  • Bake for an hour or until done.
  • Cool on a wire rack.
  • Serve slices with a generous sprinkling of brown sugar.

      NOTE-

  • I have used castor sugar since the brown sugar is a luxurious thing in this part of the world
  • It took me a lot of explaining for the all purpose flour too so I have used normal flour with 2 tsps of baking powder.

Hope you will try this recipe and if you do kindly let me know how it turned out and what you thought of it . Your feedback is very important to me .

Happy cooking.

P.S.Kindly ignore the bad kitchen.I am living with it. Have no choice .

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey Snehal this is just yummm.. i have never baked, but now u have inspired me to... despite living in the bad kitchen with ingredients not available easily in our part of the world this cake tastes simply delicious and yes i did have the right company too .. therefore i must say it was heavenly ...:)) will be trying it out soon ..

Isha Tripathi said...

hey snehal dii , this is so yummm . Its been ages i have baked anything and now i dun as my oven passed away :P planning to buy new one cant wait to try these yummieeee recipes you have shared here and seriously looks very easy . Thankuu for sharing :)

Manu Gupta said...

nice recipe!
any suggestion on something other than eggs ?? :D

Post a Comment